For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life – and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
As part of the Point of Sale (POS) division in GfK we are looking for a .NET Software Engineer helping us to grow one of our mission critical agile teams at the core of our pipeline processing billions of data points each month.
Software Engineers are crucial members of our teams, being able to integrate with our Data Scientists, QA and Product Team roles. We expect them to take ownership of delivering in a way that enables us to maintain, improve and grow our systems on the short and long term. This includes pro-active and self-reliant contribution to our components, transparent communication as well as fostering knowledge sharing with a focus on continuous improvements within the team.
As Software Engineer you will have the following key accountabilities:
- Write effective and scalable code
- Ability to deliver clean code as well as assets to a high standard
- Interest to dive deep into our business domain and understand why we build things and how to help our stakeholders
- Eagerness to learn and introduce latest trends in industry as well as supporting maintenance of existing systems
- Ensure components can be delivered to high standards of automated quality assurance and reduced efforts of maintenance
Now that you know what a Software Engineer does, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- Strong C# / .NET (Core) application development knowledge
- Strong knowledge on relational data base management systems (preferably Oracle)
- Strong knowledge on application testing and test automation (unit testing, integration testing, test-data management)
It would be a great addition if you have:
- Prior experience in building ETL pipelines and batch processing data
- Prior experience working with and on CI/CD pipelines
- Container driven environments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Hashicorp Nomad or similar)
- Knowledge on test and behaviour driven development (TDD/BDD)
- Knowledge on micro-service based architectures including orchestration
- Solid knowledge on building distributed systems
- Knowledge on measuring code quality and code analysis tooling for .NET
- Basic knowledge on building UIs using modern frameworks as Angular or React
Join our team and benefit from the following advantages:
- Exciting work environment that brings people together
- Use of the latest digital technologies
- Initial and ongoing trainings to support your development
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme linked to individual performance and company results
- 3 additional non-working days annually
- Food vouchers
- Health insurance
- Discount program with external vendors
- Eco friendly travelers are welcome to the office – parking places for bikers and free card for public transportation are available to all employees
- Variety of sport activities such as football and traditional Bulgarian dances
- Last but not least – GfK Sofia office is located close to the city center and easily accessible from any point by public transportation – 47A Tsarisgradsko Shose Blvd
All documents will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!