For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life – and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Mission of the role
The MM Hub Software Engineer is part of the global Media Measurement (MM) Technology & Data organization supporting its agile proprietary software development program. The Software Engineer is working within an international cross-functional team of engineers and data scientists. GfK MM Hub is a located in Sofia centralized operations and technology department offering various range of services including data management, data analytics, product, and technology development support for internal stakeholders worldwide.
As a Software Engineer (Python) you will have the following key accountabilities:
- Support the software development and optimization of data processing and ETL workflows
- Work on software components that include data transformation workflows and data integration services
- Apply an end-to-end view and focus on overall data integrity and data flow rather than closed software components
- Implement runtime quality checks (coverage, consistency, integrity) of live data streams and datasets
- Support QA tests covering data transformation components and workflows
- Maintain a clear understanding of the relevant domain models, integration points and evolution lifecycles
- Maintain good overview of (and consult the teams on) database technologies used by the applications
- Document and handover new and changed applications to end users
Now that you know what a Software Engineer (Python) does, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- 4+ years of commercial full stack software development experience
- Expert knowledge of Python and/or Spark
- Experience with bash, SQL, REST
- Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Knowledge of Bamboo, Jenkins and/or similar tools
- Good understanding of AWS
- Data processing pipelines, workflow scheduling like Airflow and ETL tooling in general
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent level of English language, both written and spoken
It would be a great addition if you have experience with:
- Running micro-services at scale
- OS Containerization with Docker
- API design
- Automated testing
- NoSQL experience with databases like ElasticSearch or MongoDB
- Agile development in general and scaling agile frameworks like Less or SAFe in particular
- First experience in handling of PII data
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!