Our fast-growing, multi-platform media business is home to over 1,000 people across eight divisions. Immediate owns and operates some of the best-loved brands in the UK – brands like Top Gear, BBC Good Food, and Radio Times!
About the role:
Ascent gives you the opportunity to work on Fabric – a digital publishing platform serving over 60 million unique users per month with great content from our brands. We use a variety of tools to help us deliver the right experience for our users at scale, considering best practice accessibility, performance, and SEO. Our frontend stack includes multiple applications using React, Next.js, and Storybook; using data from API services and a WordPress CMS.
Reporting to the team’s Scrum Master, the successful candidate will be expected to develop, maintain, and support our digital products in accordance with the business and technology objectives.
The role will be hybrid and you can spend time at the office or work from home.
What you’ll do:
In this role you will be supporting and mentoring other developers within your team, taking an active role in their professional development, and working with the wider UI team to develop our standards, best practices, and guidelines. Ensure these are understood and adhered to by our teams. On a daily basis, you will keep up to date with industry and technical developments and build reusable code, components, and libraries for future use. Also, collaborate with other team members and the Product Manager to help plan new functionality or major enhancements and participate in all Agile planning meetings and stand-ups
- Immerse yourself in our technical ecosystem; current and legacy
- Develop and test new user-facing features, and support existing ones, across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices
- Optimize pages, code, and assets for maximum speed and scalability against an agreed performance budget
- Use testing frameworks to ensure automated test coverage for platform functionality
- Write and improve technical documentation when necessary
- Foster good working relationships with a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications:
We will hire someone who:
- Has a deep understanding of HTML and CSS/SASS
- Has deep knowledge of React
- Understanding of web standards, accessibility, and performance
- We will appreciate it if the candidate will have build tools, such as Webpack, and have experience with Unit testing, Git, and NPM/Yarn. You need to demonstrate great communication skills with colleagues and stakeholders.
Working at Ascent:
This is a hybrid role, where you can spend time at the office or work from home. This is a company where your development and learning will be taken seriously, and we’ll support your professional development with training and certification, with regular feedback and review.
Ascent is an equal opportunities employer. We take intentional steps to ensure inclusion and belonging are something real here, not just something we talk about. No person will be treated less favorably because of their gender, pregnancy, and maternity status, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, or disability status. If you require any reasonable accommodation, please let us know when you apply.
Apply at: email@example.com