Iris.ai is working on developing ML driven software tools for assisting scientists throughout their work. The ultimate goal is to build a fully fledged science assistant machine that can read and understand scientific articles. Then, based on given research question, the tools do literature reviews, mapping studies and give you the full picture of the current state-of-the-art in a human understandable way. In other words, our current and future employees are building software that can read and understand text, build knowledge graphs and causal relations between documents and do inference on top to connect the dots and give suggestions for future innovation. Our developers throughout their work are utilizing the fruits of our own machine learning research, combine it together with the cutting-edge open source frameworks provided by top companies such as Amazon, Google, Facebook and Nvidia and deploy the results on the Amazon AWS infrastructure to develop further our distributed cloud-based machine learning software system.
The Senior Python Developer at Iris.ai is a position that requires technical knowledge and expertise with Python, Django as web framework, design patterns and software architecture skills. You will be expected to motivate, guide and inspire your peers through the development process. As part of the development you will be taking part in presenting and explaining the products and technologies you are working on to the business and sales team and to outside parties (such as customers, investors, potential recruits, etc.). As a key team member you should focus also on driving innovation, and whenever possible facilitating and researching improvements and providing suggestions and opinion for future company developments. Another key aspect is the close collaboration and common language with the research team, since lots of projects would require your competence to plan and prepare the research results for actual production implementation.
The work will consist of planning, designing and implementation of particular software systems (new business features, integration of research results provided by the research team, etc.). The person will be expected to participate actively in driving innovation in the company, and spreading the word about it to the public whenever necessary and with respect to the company policies. In addition she/he will have to support the existing software applications and be involved in the product specification, testing and documentation processes. The work should not require immediate supervision, meaning the person should be able to self-manage and manage other people assigned to her/him in meeting the predefined goals and requirements.
- ★ Software development – specification, planning, implementation
- ★ Self-management and managing/leading others
- ★ Close collaboration with research team
- ★ Driving innovation
- ★ Inspiring outsiders (investors, customers, potential employees)
- ★ Working in an agile process in a distributed team with limited connectivity
- ★ Research, design and implement/integrate software systems
- ★ Participation in the full process until product delivery
- ★ Develop his/her own skills and take responsibilities for own personal development in the field.
Skills and Experience Required
- ★ Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar
- ★ At least 5 years of experience in the Software development field.
- ★ At least 3 years of:
- experience with Python language.
- experience in the field of web development – application servers, web services, rest services, JSON, databases, cloud platforms
- ★ Ability to teach/lead and transfer knowledge to others
- ★ Ability to work in a distributed team environment
- ★ Proficient analytical / problem-solving skills
- ★ Fluent English
Any of these is a plus
- ★ Master’s or higher degree in the field of Computer Science or similar
- ★ Some experience in a Management position (Team lead, Tech lead)
- ★ Some experience tutoring/teaching/leading other people
- ★ Some experience with fundamental academic research
- ★ Participation in research projects (academic or industrial)
- ★ Participation in academic conferences
- ★ Experience with building web projects or other software projects from scratch
- ★ Experience with AI/ML technologies
- ★ A unique mix of engineering, AI and Science
- ★ Super motivated and knowledgeable diverse team
- ★ 30 day annual paid leave
- ★ You choose from where and when to work
- ★ Competitive salary
- ★ Performance related bonuses
- ★ Share options plan
- ★ Additional Health Insurance (including dental care)
- ★ Free Multisport card
- ★ Cool office
Are you ready to fight Science biggest challenges with technology?
Send your Cover Letter and CV in English.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org