If you’re a back-end Java Developer, and you’d like your work to help make better health and wellbeing possible for people, then Ascent is an opportunity for you!
About the role
You’ll be a senior member of the development team working with colleagues from Front-End, QA, Dev Ops, and Project Management. Together, you’ll make sure that product features and enhancements are optimized and that new ones are well-built and robust. You’ll work as part of the customer’s core team, and have a real influence on the scope and shape of what gets built. The role will be hybrid and you can spend time at the office or work from home.
What you’ll do
- Develop, test, implement and maintain application software, writing well designed, testable, efficient code
- Take part in software and architectural development activities
- Conduct software analysis, programming, testing, and debugging
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
Experience and skills:
We want to hire someone with great Java development skills, and lots of proven hands-on back-end development experience. We’re looking particularly for someone who has:
- Solid back-end Java development skills – and is happy working in a test-driven development approach
- Experience in the Spring Framework
- Solid skills with SQL and Relational Databases
- It’s not just about having good development skills though – we put a lot of value on positive collaboration and growth mindset, and you should be proactive and creative.
Working at Ascent
This is a hybrid role, where you can spend time at the office or work from home. This is a company where your development and learning will be taken seriously, and we’ll support your professional growth with training and certification, regular feedback, and review.
Ascent is an equal opportunities employer. We take intentional steps to ensure inclusion and belonging are real priorities here, not just something we talk about. No person will be treated less favorably because of their gender, pregnancy, and maternity status, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, or disability status. If you require any reasonable accommodation, please let us know when you apply.
Apply at: email@example.com