For the past 2 years DHL’s Development center in Sofia has played a role in the biggest business transformation in DHL by developing and maintaining a comprehensive transport management system (TMS) with a successful roll-out.
By joining our team you will have the opportunity to participate in the evolution of DHL’s logistics business. You will develop Java Enterprise solutions with large bandwidth (data processing and data transfer), data reliability and security, 3rd party integration and impact on the full life-cycle of a supply chain system. As part of our team you will receive requirements directly from key users of the product in order to ensure proper fulfillment of the company’s objectives.
For our office in Sofia, Bulgaria, we are looking for a Java Developer who will help us develop the necessary functionalities and ensure that they are operating without incidents in a large data environment. The ideal candidate for this position is proactive, self-directed, team player and most of all passionate about software development.
• Design and implement new features and enhance existing functionalities according to business specifications;
• Ensure that your code meets software development and quality standards and fits into the continuous release process;
• Optimize the application in order to support work with large amounts of data;
• Participate in the whole sprint process for product development.
The position requires:
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience in software development with JAVA EE;
• Object-oriented analysis and design by using common patterns for software development;
• Solid knowledge in Java SE, JEE, Class-loading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc.;
• Excellent knowledge of relational databases. Fluency in SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate);
• Experience with Oracle databases;
• Experience in Test-driven development;
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies will be considered as an advantage.
• Good command of Regular Expressions;
• Communication protocol client and server implementations in Java: HTTP(s), FTP, SFTP, SMTP;
• Remoting: JMX, Spring RESTful, SOAP;
• Experience in setting up and scripting Maven, Ant, Git, etc.;
• Understanding of OOP, Functional, Dynamic and Low-latency programming, Multithreading;
• Application Server setup and tuning: JBOSS, Glassfish, etc.
Key performance metrics:
• Timely delivery of the developed solutions;
• Excellent documentation;
• Providing optimal solutions and appropriate implementation of the software;
• Satisfaction of key end-users;
We will be happy to meet with competent Java developers interested in the project to discuss what added value the project would have for them.