Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our growing Data Science and Analytics team. The role would involve working across a broad range of data projects, in support of the Data Science and Analytics team as well as the broader organization. You would have the opportunity help drive real change in our efforts to use data to make smarter, more efficient and more impactful decisions, while working in a supportive environment. This would be ideal for somebody who is passionate about data and analysis, and focused on the practical impact and end-use of that analysis. Rather than being siloed to one area, our goal as a team is to make full use of all the data and tools at our disposal. The current team is large enough to make an impact, but small enough to be flexible. We need a self-starter than is able to see opportunity and take initiative. We are continually looking to learn more, improve and expand, and are looking for candidates that have the same values.
The work is split between analysis that can show immediate actionable results, and work that will set up efficiencies to benefit longer term projects. It can span the development of data models, data visualizations, algorithms and automation scripts. You would interact heavily with many other departments within the company.
We need somebody who is detail oriented, focused on continually learning, and very importantly, must be proactive.
- Conduct analysis and reporting on a varied range of initiatives being undertaken at the company
- Expand on and supervise automated scripts for data ingestion and recurring reports
- Design and manage dashboards to supplement analysis and reports
- Facilitate ad hoc analytics requests from various departments including Sales, Dealing, Operations, Compliance and others
- Liaise with the Data Warehouse team regarding required metrics for analysis
- Work closely with Data Science and Business Intelligence teams
- Share knowledge and expertise with other team members to enable continued team skills development
Skills and Experience Needed:
- Strong experience working on analytical solutions from ingestion to manipulation and reporting
- Python and/or R
- Experience with REST APIs is a plus
- Using statistical, analytical and visualization skills to generate insights
- Automating regular work flows
- Version control software such as git
- Strong desire to learn new analytical skills and techniques
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Able to work efficiently with international staff
- Have an Intuitive, analytical mind and good problem solving skills
- Able to deal with ambiguity in defining activities and direction
- Proactive and persistent
- Good spoken and written English
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday
All employees working for FXCM must be eligible to work in Bulgaria
Prior to submitting your resume, the firm requests that you review the firm’s website thoroughly at http://www.fxcm.com/
FXCM Support EAD is a subsidiary of FXCM Group. The FXCM group of companies (collectively, the „FXCM Group“) is a leading provider of online foreign exchange (forex) trading, CFD trading, spread betting and related services. Our mission is to inspire global traders with access to the world’s largest and most liquid market. By offering the most innovative trading tools, hiring the best trading educators, and meeting strict financial standards to protect trader funds, we strive for the best online trading experience in the market.