Boulevard „Tsarigradsko shose“ 86, 1113 Geo Milev, Sofia, Bulgaria
Department: Product Development
Role Type: Hybrid
Employee Status: Regular
Schedule: Full Time
We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. We also help people to check their credit report and credit score and protect against identity theft.
We employ approximately 17,800 people in 45 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
Experian is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
At Experian, we are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. For our roles within Software Development Group we could discuss our agile working opportunities including flexible working time to choose between 4, 6 and 8 hours working day, telecommuting and compressed working week.
We are currently looking for a .NET Developer to join our Experian Data Quality Team
The Address Data Quality team drive the direction of, and deliver enhancements to our real time and bulk address capture solutions (https://www.edq.com/products/address-verification/). As a member of our agile team you’ll play a key part in shaping the future of our address data quality capabilities, react to the ever-changing needs of our users and constantly look for ways to work and deliver more effectively. Additionally, Senior Developers have the opportunity to influence the technical direction of the department.
- Willingness to learn and deliver a variety of solutions in a range of programming languages – C#/.Net, with some Python/Powershell in the mix as well
- Takes ownership of all aspects of delivery to create products that customers love
- Explore new approaches and develop innovative solutions to customer needs
- Demonstrate pride in the quality of your work through quality and testability of code, automation improvements and usability
- Build a good understanding of the team’s products and of user stories on the product backlog to enable effective participation in backlog grooming and sprint planning
- Contribute to the continued evolution of a self-organising, cross-functional team in which all team members collaboratively deliver the highest priority enhancements
- Work with other team members to prepare for and deliver feature demos and showcase to internal clients and customers
- Actively seek to understand customers’ needs through regular direct contact with customers and networking with members of customer-facing parts of the business
- Actively contribute to a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the Experian business. Take personal responsibility to ensure that you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of our customers
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Proven C#/.Net programming experience
- A programming enthusiast and enjoying working in a friendly, fast-paced team environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to learn and understand new technologies
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving abilities, coupled with an enquiring mind and the ability to learn quickly
- Working level of English
- Proven experience with Elasticsearch
- Exposure to DevOps concepts, practices, and tools
- Knowledge and appreciation of agile development methodologies and techniques
- Good understanding of testing techniques, automated testing, and the value of a test-first approach to deliver a high-quality solution that meets client needs
- Personal Development – career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online
- educational training courses, learning materials & books
- Work environment – excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
- Social benefit package – life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
- Opportunity for flexible working hours and telecommuting
In order to stay safe and be responsible, we introduce a remote hiring process with online interviews for all candidates