We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making.
We also help people to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft. In 2019, for the fifth consecutive year, Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 44 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
At Experian, we are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
We are currently looking for a Product Owner to join our Global Decision Analytics team.
A Product Owner is the proxy for the customer to one or more Software Engineering teams. Through ownership of the Product Backlog (scope and prioritization) and care for the whole of the product(s), (features, non-functional behaviour, quality, and technical debt), they are responsible for maximizing the value of the product(s) through software engineering work. Building effective relationships with management and stakeholders, in different countries, time zones and cultures, is key to success in this role, as is a high degree of technical expertise to comprehend the complex nature of our products.
Requirement Gathering and Analysis – responsible for:
- Learning the product, to ensure proper understanding of context, features and functions
- Producing clear, high-quality, specific, and unambiguous, functional and nonfunctional requirements for changes of various complexities.
- Providing a high-quality detailed analysis with the customer journey in mind, working through requirements in an agile manner, considering for fitness of purpose, adherence to business objectives, and consistency, challenging positively where appropriate.
- Defining specific and measurable Acceptance Criteria.
- Collecting feedback and defining requirements from all the involved stakeholders via scheduled and non-scheduled mechanisms.
- Reviewing and confirming that designed features/functions ultimately meet the specified intent, requirements, business and end-user needs where applicable.
- Assessing reported defects, non-functional requirements, and other technical debt, triaging severity and prioritizing resolution alongside feature work, to ensure not only that the product always meets established Quality Criteria, but that quality continuously improves.
- Generating documents and other artifacts describing current and future product features and functions, using approved processes
Prioritization and Planning – responsible for:
- Setting priorities in collaboration with key stakeholders against planned objectives, and supporting sprint planning and other preparatory activities, ensuring that the product needs and vision are maintained.
- Tracking progression over time to ensure client, business, and technical goals are met
- Coordinating development and defect resolution across multiple teams, programmes and locations, and identifying dependencies between teams
- Continuously seeking ways to improve processes to increase efficiency and performance.
Working Practices and Relationships:
- The individual would work with different sets of stakeholders, both technical and business, from Software Engineering Teams to Project/Programme Management, Product Management and Delivery to assist with strategic planning and gain early knowledge of future scope and goals. They would regularly:
- Engage with Software Engineering teams and related stakeholders as part of an Agile team, ensuring that Software Engineers understand requirements.
- Work with Software Engineering teams to discover underlying design gaps and/or technical gaps against associated risks e.g. security, performance, usability, etc.
- Maintain a clear view on progress and articulating it to stakeholders, alongside issues and risks
- Confidently facilitate meetings, present and demonstrate software at different levels.
- Advocate for Agile practices to achieve increasingly Agile working.
- Background in a Product role within a Software / Technology context, possessing strong technical expertise and the ability to confidently work with customers and other stakeholders.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment, ideally in software product development, using one or more of the primary Agile methodologies (Scrum/KanBan/XP etc).
- Fast learner – can quickly get up to speed with vast complex solutions and knows how to acquire knowledge, able to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment, resilient and self-confident.
- Strong networking, collaboration and influencing skills (role requires a hands-on approach to ensure successful delivery).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential to be able to communicate with stakeholders from different countries, cultures, and backgrounds) and strong listening skills.
- Able to demonstrate a strong understanding of business processes and translate that understanding into technical requirements.
- Being logical and passionate yet patient lends itself to success in this role.
- Proven track record in the domain would be an advantage / industry or academic certifications relevant to the domain, technology, or discipline of Product Ownership would be an advantage.
- Fluent levels of verbal and written English.
- Personal Development – career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
- Work environment – excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
- Social benefit package – life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
- Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office
In order to stay safe and be responsible, we introduce a remote hiring process with online interviews for all candidates.